[Catalyst] O'Reilly Radar

Stéphane Payrard stef at stefp.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 8 22:14:39 CET 2005

Aaron Peterson a écrit :
| > I don't know where this urge to publish under O'Reilly is coming from
| > and to be honest I think this thread is pretty much pointless. If there
| > is a chance to publish a Catalyst book (which should IMO be written by
| > at least Sebastian Riedel and maybe some other developers), then I
| > wouldn't mind if it has a animal on it, red Addison-Wesley triangles or
| > the whatever publisher is giving Catalyst a chance.
| >
| > I know I'd buy it and I agree with you that we should keep advertising
| > and try to attract more people to Catalyst, but not for the sake of
| > being asked by O'Reilly to write a book for them. We should do it
| > because Catalyst is a great framework that really speeds up the WebDev
| > process (at least for me).
|
| Yes, I agree.
|
| $oreilly_whocares++ && $publish_somehow++

I beg to disagree. I have been burnt by some publishers and I would
not buy a book I don't know anything about otherwise if it does not
come from a reputable publisher (O'Reilly, Manning, Prentice-Hall,
Addison-Weisley and a handful of others).

So if you want to get Catalyst some recognition thru book publishing
and probably publish a good book as well by the help of a good editor,
go thru a good publisher.

--
  cognominal stef