[Catalyst] Catalyst, Firefox and SVG

Maurice Height mauriceh at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 9 05:08:58 CET 2005

I am trying out a very simple Catalyst application via the built-in test
server as a learning exercise.

I want to display an SVG image in a HTML page.

Internet Explorer and Firefox v1.5 both display the SVG doc correctly when I
open it manually.

Internet Explorer also works correctly when I access the SVG doc via my
Catalyst application.

but Firefox just displays the SVG doc as text listing.

The file opened manually looks like:

  <head>

    <title>Test SVG</title>

  </head>

    <h1>Test SVG</h1>

    <embed src="circle.svg" width="400" height="600" type="image/svg+xml">

And the TT template used by Catalyst looks like:

  <head>

    <title>Test SVG</title>

  </head>

    <h1>[% heading %]</h1>

    <embed src="templates/src/circle.svg" width="400" height="600"
type="image/svg+xml">

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Maurice