[Catalyst] Catalyst in reverse proxy mode

Bernard FRIT bernard.frit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:48:53 CET 2005

Hi Peter, thanks for your help.

I tried your virtual host conf but I only get a 403 error and no
backend request to the catalyst server.

I'm suspecting I don't have the right Apache config as I had to remove your line
ProxyPassReverse  /        http://127.0.0.1/
as mod_proxy is not installed...

Reading apache docs, it appears that mod_proxy is not mandatory to
allow reverse proxying...

So to you have some special directives to pass to Apache at starting ?

Mines are :
HAVE_PERL HAVE_PHP HAVE_PHP3 HAVE_PHP4 HAVE_DAV HAVE_ROAMING HAVE_SSL SSL

--
Bernard FRIT

2005/12/12, Peter Edwards <peterdragon at users.sourceforge.net>:
> Hi Bernard, here's an example of a lightweight frontend, heavy backend
> configuration for Apache 1. It's not for a Catalyst app but similar enough
> to be useful and is for a lightweight apache listening at myapp.foo.com port
> 80, used for proxying and serving static files, and a heavy mod_perl apache
> listening at localhost port 8070 to run transactions.
<snip..>