[Catalyst] Catalyst in reverse proxy mode

Adam Herzog adam at herzogdesigns.com
Mon Dec 12 16:01:25 CET 2005

> I'm suspecting I don't have the right Apache config as I had to remove
> your line
> ProxyPassReverse  /        http://127.0.0.1/
> as mod_proxy is not installed...

IIRC, mod_proxy is used by mod_rewrite to process the rules ending in
[P]. If you want to use the rewrite engine this way, you still need
mod_proxy installed...

> Reading apache docs, it appears that mod_proxy is not mandatory to
> allow reverse proxying...

Where does it say that? (For my own curiosity...)

I know that you will be able to rewrite the URL's without mod_proxy,
but I don't think that's quite what you want...

-A