[Catalyst] [RFC] C::P::Scheduler - cron-like scheduling of events

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Tue Dec 13 00:55:56 CET 2005

Andrew Bramble wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2005 02:40, Andy Grundman wrote:
>>> then in a cron
>>>
>>> #!perl
>>> use MyApp
>>> MyApp->schedule->trigger( 'remove sessions');
>> I'm not so sure about this one.  If you wanted to be sure something
>> triggered at the right time you could just have a cron job that hits the
>> app:
>>
>> 0 * * * * wget -q http://www.myapp.com/
>
> So your schedule actions are Local or Global or Path , surely they'd need to
> be Private ? That kinda scares me.

Oh yeah, definitely they should be Private.  But it would be up to you,
you could put them inside an admin controller that requires login, for
example, to run them manually from a frontend.

The above example is not accessing the scheduled event directly, but
simply causing it to be run by performing a normal request to the app.

-Andy