[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] Meios Photo Gallery App

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Dec 13 17:19:54 CET 2005

Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR wrote:
> Excellent! I'll check it out.
>
> One question, though. Would you consider using Imager.pm
> (http://imager.perl.org) as the imager (or at least one of the choices)?
> It's more powerful (and faster) than GD and more portable than
> ImageMagick.
>
> I have switched to it for all my image-manipulation needs and never
> looked back.
>
> - Mark.

That's the second request for Imager. The only reason I went with
Image::Thumbnail was because it could use GD or Image::Magick depending
on what was installed. I just wanted to be somewhat flexible to avoid
the "Best Image Manip Module, I don't have x installed, I use y" wars.

How does it do in terms of quality? I know thumbs made with GD suck
serious butt, and for me the Image::Magick ones had pretty good qaality.

I'll look into it this evening. It should take very much to use it,
since there's just one sub:  Meios::Photo->make_thumbnail

-=Chris