[Catalyst] [RFC] C::P::Scheduler - cron-like scheduling of events

Sam Vilain sam at vilain.net
Thu Dec 15 01:39:17 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 21:12 -0500, Andy Grundman wrote:
> Well I want this plugin to be simple, cross-platform, and work under all
> engines.  You could certainly write a POE-based backend for these things
> if you have the need.  I actually have a POE backend for one of my Cat
> apps that does complex auth checking for many users.  Definitely the way
> to go for async stuff.

Perhaps part of the problem there is the lack of sharing of common parts
between the different engines, for instance there is a lot in the HTTP
Engine that really belongs in a common superclass.

Once that is there it should be no problem to plug this kind of thing
directly into the Engine class; I think the request cycle is ultimately
the wrong place for non-request events to be triggered.

However, as a temporary measure, I guess most users simply won't
care/notice where it is.

Sam.