[Catalyst] A few questions (possibly a FAQ)

Daniel Westermann-Clark daniel at acceleration.net
Mon Dec 19 19:24:43 CET 2005

On 2005-12-19 12:59:08 -0500, Joe Landman wrote:
> First: I would like to set up a web site served by Apache (actually
> a virtual server) to serve the Catalyst application.  What
> configuration do we need to do with the apache conf files to make
> this happen?

Take a look at the POD for Catalyst::Engine::Apache:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Engine-Apache/lib/Catalyst/Engine/Apache/MP13.pm

> Second: We wrote a few modules we need for our work.  Should I have
> the main MyApp.pm use them?

Does your main MyApp code depend on them directly?  Or is the code
needed only in e.g. your controllers?  Use them in the appropriate
modules to better track dependencies.

> Should we put these as PerlModule constructs in our config file?

When you do 'PerlModule MyApp', mod_perl preloads your entire
application, so you don't need specified PerlModule calls for
dependent modules.

> Third:  Were do we report bugs/suggest changes in documentation?

Patches are preferred, generally people send them to this list.

> Finally: Any hope of getting a consistent Bundle::Catalyst?  I had
> to do some surgery by hand to fix some things with the installation.

Bundle::Catalyst is deprecated, though you wouldn't know that from
CPAN.  Task::Catalyst is the preferred installation method if you want
a big ball of modules.

On a related note, would it work to release a new version of
Bundle::Catalyst which pulls in Task::Catalyst?  I can't think of any
reason why it wouldn't.

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark