[Catalyst] Standalone Install Package?

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Mon Dec 19 20:11:26 CET 2005

Ok, that wasn't too bad.

./CatInABox ~2.7MB (3.30MB on disk) with all of the prereqs necessary to
  do:

	catalyst.pl MyApp
	MyApp/script/myapp_server.pl

The only XS module thus far [on my win32] was HTML::Parser. Just snagged
the ppm and put it in an extlib-win32/auto and all was well.

There still needs to be some magic between catalyst.pl/bat and the
generated script/* scripts, unless of course I just make one big
shell/bat that does INC/PERLLIB, then all is well.

I also left all the dists as-is.  I'm sure there could be many things in
libwww and such that could be stripped, but 3MB is nothing...