[Catalyst] Standalone Install Package?

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Dec 20 16:42:58 CET 2005

Sebastian Riedel wrote:

> Am 20.12.2005 um 05:50 schrieb Kaare Rasmussen:
>
>>> OK, I've started tinkering. I renamed my site lib directory in my perl
>>> install, and I've started collecting things from 5.61 back needed to run
>>> catalyst.pl/bat and get a test app up and running.
>>
>> If you build such a thing, how about maintaining it?
>
> Good point!
> We need a build system for this.

Completely off tangent back to another posters comments.
I've never touched PAR. Just started reading it. Already in love with
scandeps.pl.

So, the question becomes, what's the sane way to do all of this?

Create a dist that uses PAR to package up everything n Task/Bundle into
a nice par. Then some kind 'buildersrun the package to generate
win32/linux/bsd specific pars.

Then the user downloads the dist, runs a setup script to unpack and
they're off to the races?

-=Chris