[Catalyst] [Task] Building a better JavaScript (AJAX) toolkit

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 08:24:57 CET 2005

On 12/20/05, Stephen Adkins <spadkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Consider the Dojo Toolkit.
>
>    http://dojotoolkit.org/
>    http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome
>
> It has an active community, and it is developing UI widgets like crazy.
>
> Rather than the Scriptaculous/Prototype combination, I am
> watching the development of DojoToolkit/MochiKit.
> It is clearly evolving rapidly, but it's where I'd get involved if I had the
>  time to invest in developing a JavaScript/Web 2.0 framework.

Wow.  Obviously still needs more development effort to smooth out some
of the rough edges, but Wow.  With a little polish and a little more
performance, they've got just about everything to write a regular
graphical interface like a local app would have, or at least very near
it.

Now we just need someone with more brains than sense to write
something like Catalyst::View::DojoTk, and we can go back to thinking
like application developers instead of browser hackers :)

-- Brandon