[Catalyst] Bug in Catalyst::View::Mason on CPAN but not SVN

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Wed Dec 21 23:39:25 CET 2005

* Alex Kavanagh <alex at tinwood.homelinux.org> [2005-12-21 19:15]:
> I'm not too sure who to send this to, but there is a bug on he
> CPAN version of Catalyst::View::Mason at line 121:
>
>     121         $c->errors($error);
>
> (should be $c->error($error); )
>
> It IS fixed on SVN and is showing as 4 months old.
>
> I wondering:
>
> 1. Should I be using the SVN modules to do development (and how do I get it)?
> 2. How often does the CPAN get updated?
> 3. Are these stupid questions?
>
> I guess things are in a state of flux, but this is such a
> simple bug (and its being fixed) that I wonder how it gets out
> on to CPAN?

I’d say just patch the module locally and add a test that
excercises the corresponding method to your testsuite. That way
you can stick with the release version of the module, and if an
update to the module that is missing this fix gets uploaded, your
test suite will alert you to the problem so you can re-patch it.
Comment the test appropriately so you don’t forget that it’s not
testing something in your code and can be canned if the release
is fixed.

That appears to be the path of least resistance.

Regards,