[Catalyst] Bug in Catalyst::View::Mason on CPAN but not SVN

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 00:32:51 CET 2005

On 12/21/05, Alex Kavanagh <alex at tinwood.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm not too sure who to send this to, but there is a bug on he CPAN
> version of Catalyst::View::Mason at line 121:
>
>     121         $c->errors($error);
>
> (should be $c->error($error); )
>
> It IS fixed on SVN and is showing as 4 months old.
>
> I wondering:
>
> 1. Should I be using the SVN modules to do development (and how do I get it)?
> 2. How often does the CPAN get updated?
> 3. Are these stupid questions?
>
> I guess things are in a state of flux, but this is such a simple bug
> (and its being fixed) that I wonder how it gets out on to CPAN?

I don't know first-hand, but I would suspect this is just a case of a
committed revision in trunk that was meant to go to release, but was
accidentally left out of the release branch during a merge.  I've
ended up in a similar boat before, where recent releases of my
software contained a bug that had been fixed in trunk ages ago,
because I was off by one revision number when I merged over a set of
commits from trunk to release branch ("svn merge -r 123:456 ..." when
it should have been "svn merge -r 122:456 ...").

-- Brandon