[Catalyst] Catalyst live tests

stephen joseph butler stephen.butler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 19:23:05 CET 2005

2005/12/22, Will Hawes <info at whawes.co.uk>:

> Andy, thanks for this link. I replaced my nmake.exe with this one and
> the tests now pass.
>
> Slightly confusing because both executables say they are version 1.5 and
> I downloaded mine from microsoft.com only recently.
>
> In case others have this problem later, the obvious difference I can see
> is that nmake.exe from the above link is 50.7KB whereas the one I had
> (i.e. the broken one) is 64.0KB.

Do you still have the old nmake around? Open up HTTP::Request::AsCGI and
look at line 94:

    open( $self->{restore}->{stdin}, '>&', STDIN->fileno )

Change that to this and try to run your test again:

    open( $self->{restore}->{stdin}, '<&', STDIN->fileno )

I had a similar problem to yours when creating Fink packages for catalyst.
Seems to me that the root cause is that the author is trying to dup stdin
for writing instead of reading. I emailed the author but never got around to
filing a bug.