[Catalyst] View::TT FILTERS and utf-8

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Dec 26 13:29:01 CET 2005

Hi,

On Dec 24, 2005, at 12:08 AM, apv wrote:

> On Friday, December 23, 2005, at 03:16  PM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
>> * apv <apv at sedition.com> [2005-12-23 22:55]:
>>> Yes! Nice going. It does fix them... But surely there is a way
>>> to do this per variable without EVAL_PERL on.
>>
>> Well, it’s only a workaround to see where the bug is. Since the
>> TT filters work correctly when the flag is right, they’re not
>> buggy.
>>
>> Where does your data come from?
> Both flat files and MySQL with the tables specifically set to utf8.

Yeah, that's probably the problem rtight there :)

Although your MySQL tables and connection is set to UTF8, the
DBD::mysql driver does not set the utf8 flag on utf8 content.

It's long story why it doesn't. As far as I could figure out,
DBD::mysql is waiting for a solution in the DBI layer itself...

Some relevant links:
  - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106321975700026&r=1&w=2
  - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=msql-mysql-
modules&m=111970179409036&w=2 (patch for DBD::mysql)

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
JID: melo at simplicidade.org