[Catalyst] does $response->content_type have a default value?

Terrence Brannon metaperl at lycos.com
Thu Dec 29 11:36:26 CET 2005

In looking at the docs for content_type:

http://search.cpan.org/~sri/Catalyst-5.61/lib/Catalyst/Response.pm#%24res-%3Econtent_type

it is not clear whether a view must explicitly set this or whether it has a default.

1 - could the default of this be documented?
2 - could you please answer this question for me?
3 - please forgive me if this email sounds bitchy, but I hope that my feedback is helping to make the docs for Catalyst as good as the framework itself.

Thanks,
Terrence