[Catalyst] Quick Start Section of "Catalyst - The Definitive Guide"

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 18:47:23 CET 2005

On 12/30/05, Gavin Henry <ghenry at perl.me.uk> wrote:
> Starting a new thread to thrash out want we want in the Quick Start, which
> should be based on the Tutorial Pod:

Please consider including my instant PagingAndSort example:
http://search.cpan.org/~zby/Catalyst-Example-PagingAndSort-v0.0.1/lib/Catalyst/Example/PagingAndSort.pm
I think it is the quickest way to have a working Catalyst CRUD example
using your own tables.
You just run it:

$ pagingandsort.pl -name=My::App -dsn='dbi:Pg:dbname=CE' -user=zby
-password='pass'

and it generates the example application in the current directory.

I know it is full of hacks - but I hope future releases of Catalyst
will help me in cleaning the code.

I am now working on porting that to DBIx::Class.

-- Zbyszek