[Catalyst] Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"

Matt S Trout catalyst at trout.me.uk
Tue Jul 26 19:03:48 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 11:46:51AM -0400, John Siracusa wrote:
> On 7/26/05, Matt S Trout <catalyst at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> > It boils down to: your questions strongly indicate to me you haven't read
> > the code
>
> Just so you don't have to continue to speculate on this: yes, I've read the
> code.

Then I'm not sure why you think I'm duplicating the Class::DBI API :)

The current default implementation provides something similar, but there's
no reason why you couldn't e.g. swap out both the SQL handling and the dbh
handling and still carry on using the rest.

> > We already had this conversation on cdbi-talk.
>
> Yes, and it's probably more appropriate for that list.  My original reply
> went to both lists (as did your original post) but the email to this list
> got delayed in transit, it seems.  Anyway, back to cdbi-talk...

I should have checked the sent time, sorry.

Yes, anybody who wants to follow this, the conversation's on cdbi-talk. If
you don't want to subscribe, there's a web archive :)

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk