[Catalyst] Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"

John Siracusa siracusa at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 26 17:46:51 CEST 2005

On 7/26/05, Matt S Trout <catalyst at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> It boils down to: your questions strongly indicate to me you haven't read
> the code

Just so you don't have to continue to speculate on this: yes, I've read the
code.

> and don't actually understand the architecture I'm aiming to create.

I understand it, I just disagree with some of the choices.

> And once again: DBIx::Class is, so far as I'm concerned, a research project
> for the moment. My approach may not work - but I'm having fun trying out!

Experimentation is always good.  But you did ask for comments, and I think
you got some good feedback from me and others on the cdbi-talk list.

> We already had this conversation on cdbi-talk.

Yes, and it's probably more appropriate for that list.  My original reply
went to both lists (as did your original post) but the email to this list
got delayed in transit, it seems.  Anyway, back to cdbi-talk...

-John