[Catalyst] What the hell is going on in Tony Bowden's head?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Fri Jul 29 11:24:02 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 02:39:26PM -0400, Christopher Hicks wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> >http://use.perl.org/~sri/journal/25919
>
> I don't know if Tony has always been really weird and out there, but he
> seems to have become utterly so in the cdbi mailing list context over the
> last few months.  The cdbi wiki technology discussion was excruciating
> earlier this year.  Its been really freakish to watch things devolve this
> week.  It seems unlikely to be mere coincidence that the list closed
> because discussion cropped up about a viable competitor.  Hopefully this
> will work out for the best and make more sense eventually.

Does anyone know Tony in real life? What's he like?

>From an outsider's (ie. I don't read Cdbi-talk) point of view, this action
does seem terribly immature. Wondering about other motives, but does Tony have
some sort of business based on CDBI that he doesn't want to lose? (Not that it
would excuse those actions)

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world