[Catalyst] What the hell is going on in Tony Bowden's head?

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Fri Jul 29 19:34:36 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 10:37:48PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 02:39:26PM -0400, Christopher Hicks wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> > >http://use.perl.org/~sri/journal/25919
> >
> > I don't know if Tony has always been really weird and out there, but he
> > seems to have become utterly so in the cdbi mailing list context over the
> > last few months.  The cdbi wiki technology discussion was excruciating
> > earlier this year.  Its been really freakish to watch things devolve this
> > week.  It seems unlikely to be mere coincidence that the list closed
> > because discussion cropped up about a viable competitor.  Hopefully this
> > will work out for the best and make more sense eventually.

Two years ago at the Perl Conference, I spent some time hanging out with
Tony, Schwern and friends. I found Tony to be a very reasonable person,
friendly, smart, and with a strong interest and care for software, both
his own, and that of others.

I am saddened by the recent turn of events for the Class::DBI users'
community. I hope that all will be well with Tony, as I do not see this
recent behavior actions as typical for him.

> And now he's just forced me to do this:
>
> http://cdbi-wiki.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/
>
> I'm very sorry, everybody, but Shadowcat doesn't have the time or the deep
> pockets to risk him bringing a lawsuit.

Perhaps you can just put up a fresh wiki, so that we can start re-creating
content.

-Colin.