[Catalyst] Class::DBI::Sweet LIMIT clause with placeholders

Geoff Richards qef at ungwe.org
Wed Jun 8 12:46:35 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 05:29:48PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> FYI, Tim Bunce seems to think that the LIMIT clause with placeholders
> that Class::DBI::Sweet uses will no longer work with recent DBD::mysql
> releases.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've seen problems with things like "LIMIT ?" after upgrading to
Debian Sarge (a couple of months ago, before the release).

I don't know if it was a MySQL problem or DBD::Mysql.  The versions
now are 4.0.24 and 2.9006 respectively.  Perhaps something has changed
in DBD::Mysql to make it put quotes round numbers when they are
quoted, like strings?  If you have "LIMIT '1'" then that's a syntax
error in both MySQL 4.0 and 3.23.

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,