[Catalyst] sample code for feedback

David Storrs dstorrs at dstorrs.com
Thu Jun 23 20:01:56 CEST 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 1:58 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 19:31 +0200, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
>
>> And if, what do you compare, elegance, number of lines, simplicity,
>> features?
>
> I don't plan to do a line count because I consider readability more
> important than compactness.  I will talk about how easy it was to
> figure
> out what I needed to do in each framework, how much glue code I needed
> to write, how much setup work was required (configuration), and unique
> features of each framework.  I'll do a small benchmark too, but it
> will
> have some significant disclaimers on it because I'll only be measuring
> the basic "out-of-the-box" performance when writing the app in the
> recommended style.

Perrin,

There is very little chance that I can make OSCON, but I am extremely
interested in the talk you are describing.  Is there any way that I
could get a copy of your slides/notes/a summary/whatever?  I promise
not to circulate it.

Posting to the list because it seems that others might also be
interested.

--Dks