[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Johan Lindström johanl at DarSerMan.com
Thu Jun 23 21:58:15 CEST 2005

At 21:14 2005-06-23, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>preferred programming style best.  Right now I expect I'll say that
>Catalyst is best suited for people who like a lot of syntactic sugar,
>like code generation, want to be steered towards the most useful CPAN
>modules (via the plugins), and don't mind having to read the source and
>ask questions.

When I developed a Maypole application I found that it required quite a bit
of code spelunking to get things done. So I'm curious: is it possible to
get started with any of these frameworks without looking at the source? How
about doing intermediate stuff? Solving complicated, real-world problems?

At least part of my understanding is based on actually knowning exactly how
things work, not reading the docs. And the docs for Maypole that was most
helpful was the guides to the source.

I can imagine the more mature frameworks have a certain advantage here with
more docs, complicated concepts explained etc. What's your experience?

/J