[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Jun 23 22:35:43 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 21:58 +0200, Johan Lindström wrote:
> When I developed a Maypole application I found that it required quite a bit
> of code spelunking to get things done. So I'm curious: is it possible to
> get started with any of these frameworks without looking at the source?

Yes.  The OI2 docs are excellent, and CGI::Application is so simple that
you hardly need to do more than look at the synopsis and examples.
CGI::App has  different goals than Catalyst though.

One thing the OI2 docs do is offer some basic explanation of things that
are not specifically part of it but that you have to know in order to
use it, like Template Toolkit.  (You could use something else, but the
tutorials have to choose something.)  Most people balk at doing that,
but I think it paid off in terms of how complete the tutorials are.

- Perrin