[Catalyst] sample code for feedback

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Jun 23 22:41:37 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 22:35 +0200, Jose Nyimi wrote:
> Indeed, the first think that bother my eyes was the
> $self->view( $c, $c->req()->param('petition_id') ); call.
> For the purpose of showing the alternative, I would be putting
> in comment the forwarding Cat's style.

I would, if it supported passing parameters.

> $c->forward( 'view' , $c->req()->param('petition_id') );
> A correct syntax ?

No, that was the first thing I tried.

I suppose I could have the other action method check for this param if
it doesn't find the value in @_.  That's probably the best approach.
Not being able to pass parameters directly in forward() feels sort of
limiting though, in terms of how easily you can reuse these methods.

- Perrin