[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Fri Jun 24 07:12:50 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 00:00 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> Actually, I found that the OI2 docs were only so substantial because you
> had to do so many things "the OI2 way".

That might be overstating it a bit to say you have to do things the OI2
way.  There is help provided for certain common tasks, like loading SQL
scripts for an application, and if you want to take advantage of that
help, you have to do things the OI2 way.  A similar thing in Catalyst
would be the use of forward() -- if you want to take advantage of
calling methods by URL and get timing stats on your methods, you have to
do things the Catalyst way.  That is the trade-off you make when you use
a framework.

- Perrin