[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Matt S Trout catalyst at trout.me.uk
Fri Jun 24 01:00:44 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 04:35:43PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 21:58 +0200, Johan Lindström wrote:
> > When I developed a Maypole application I found that it required quite a bit
> > of code spelunking to get things done. So I'm curious: is it possible to
> > get started with any of these frameworks without looking at the source?
>
> Yes.  The OI2 docs are excellent, and CGI::Application is so simple that
> you hardly need to do more than look at the synopsis and examples.
> CGI::App has  different goals than Catalyst though.

Actually, I found that the OI2 docs were only so substantial because you
had to do so many things "the OI2 way". Catalyst leaves a lot of the
decisions about models and views to the application developer, and as such
those sections don't require docs because you can do anything you want :)

--
     Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk