[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Fri Jun 24 09:08:57 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 08:21 +0200, Mike McKay wrote:
> Modify the $c->form() parameters to match your needs, and don't forget
> to copy the templates. ;)
> I am pretty sure that wink is there to piss me off: Wink - you have no
> idea what I just said

He he, that confused me for a couple of minutes too, despite having
plenty of experience with Template Toolkit and Data::FormValidator.  I
installed CRUD via the CPAN shell, which meant that the templates were
not installed and by the time I read this they had actually been
deleted.  I also couldn't figure out where Cat was setting template
root.  I would never have expected it puts templates in the same place
as images and static HTML by default.  I believe Jesse is fixing the
C::V::TT docs to cover that.

The new version of CRUD installs the templates for you, so this won't be
such an issue.

>    my $loader = $c->comp('Hops::M::CDBI')->loader;
>
> comp? I never saw that in Catalyst::Manual::Intro.

I'm still not sure what the point of comp() is.  Is it just to get the
aliasing for M and Model to work when calling class methods?

- Perrin