[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Marcus Ramberg marcus at thefeed.no
Fri Jun 24 11:32:31 CEST 2005

Perrin Harkins wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 08:21 +0200, Mike McKay wrote:
>

>>Modify the $c->form() parameters to match your needs, and don't forget
>>to copy the templates. ;)
>>I am pretty sure that wink is there to piss me off: Wink - you have no
>>idea what I just said
>>

>He he, that confused me for a couple of minutes too, despite having
>plenty of experience with Template Toolkit and Data::FormValidator.  I
>installed CRUD via the CPAN shell, which meant that the templates were
>not installed and by the time I read this they had actually been
>deleted.  I also couldn't figure out where Cat was setting template
>root.  I would never have expected it puts templates in the same place
>as images and static HTML by default.  I believe Jesse is fixing the
>C::V::TT docs to cover that.
>
>The new version of CRUD installs the templates for you, so this won't be
>such an issue.

Hey Mike. We're really not trying to piss you off. Unfortunately, most
of the Catalyst core developers are not native english speakers, which
hurts our documentation efforts. Fortunately we have mr Sheidlower,
which means we get our typos fixed with haste :) Anyways, I've revised
the smiley that pissed you off, and it looks like this now:

     69 Modify the $c->form() parameters to match your needs, and don't
forget to copy
     70 the templates into the template root. Can't find the templates?
They were in the
     71 CRUD model distribution, so you can do B<look
Catalyst::Model::CDBI::CRUD> from
     72 the CPAN shell to find them.

Hope that helps.

Marcus