[Catalyst] New CRUD/Scaffolding module

Mike McKay mike at vdomck.org
Fri Jun 24 12:30:50 CEST 2005

Marcus Ramberg wrote:
> Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 08:21 +0200, Mike McKay wrote:
>>> Modify the $c->form() parameters to match your needs, and don't
>>> forget to copy the templates. ;)
>>> I am pretty sure that wink is there to piss me off: Wink - you have
>>> no idea what I just said
>>
>> He he, that confused me for a couple of minutes too, despite having
>> plenty of experience with Template Toolkit and Data::FormValidator.  I
>> installed CRUD via the CPAN shell, which meant that the templates were
>> not installed and by the time I read this they had actually been
>> deleted.  I also couldn't figure out where Cat was setting template
>> root.  I would never have expected it puts templates in the same place
>> as images and static HTML by default.  I believe Jesse is fixing the
>> C::V::TT docs to cover that.
>>
>> The new version of CRUD installs the templates for you, so this won't be
>> such an issue.
>>

> Hey Mike. We're really not trying to piss you off. Unfortunately, most
> of the Catalyst core developers are not native english speakers, which
> hurts our documentation efforts. Fortunately we have mr Sheidlower,
> which means we get our typos fixed with haste :) Anyways, I've revised
> the smiley that pissed you off, and it looks like this now:
>
>     69 Modify the $c->form() parameters to match your needs, and don't
> forget to copy
>     70 the templates into the template root. Can't find the templates?
> They were in the
>     71 CRUD model distribution, so you can do B<look
> Catalyst::Model::CDBI::CRUD> from
>     72 the CPAN shell to find them.

Awesome! You guys rock, even when the smileys are making me feel dumb
:-) One more suggestion for the ignorant though:

Modify the $c->form() parameters so that XXX module knows which fields
to display when it is called by the template. Also don't forget to copy
the templates into the template root.

Or at least something along those lines. Oh and count me another native
English speaker that is happy to help out.

Mike