[Catalyst] Re: Announcement - New Authen/Authz plugins

Uwe Voelker uwe.voelker at gmx.de
Wed Nov 9 11:08:43 CET 2005

Hi Yuval,

thanks for your work on Authentication (and Session).

> use Catalyst qw/
> 	Authentication
> 	Authentication::Credential::Password (part of the core plugin)
> 	Authentication::Store::Minimal # useful for testing - very lightweight
> 	Authentication::Store::Htpasswd
> 	Authentication::Store::DBIC
> 	Authorization::Roles
> 	Authorization::ACL
> /;

This makes seven plugins in use (or setup). Why can we just have
->setup(Authentication) and the rest is in the config?

Maybe in my test system I would like Store::XYZ and in produktion it is
Store::ABC. Wouldn't the config approach then be easier?

The same is for the new Session plugins...

Bye, Uwe