[Catalyst] Re: Announcement - New Authen/Authz plugins

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Wed Nov 9 11:20:24 CET 2005

Am 09.11.2005 um 11:08 schrieb Uwe Voelker:

> Hi Yuval,
>
> thanks for your work on Authentication (and Session).
>

>> use Catalyst qw/
>> 	Authentication
>> 	Authentication::Credential::Password (part of the core plugin)
>> 	Authentication::Store::Minimal # useful for testing - very
>> lightweight
>> 	Authentication::Store::Htpasswd
>> 	Authentication::Store::DBIC
>> 	Authorization::Roles
>> 	Authorization::ACL
>> /;
>
> This makes seven plugins in use (or setup). Why can we just have
> ->setup(Authentication) and the rest is in the config?
>
> Maybe in my test system I would like Store::XYZ and in produktion
> it is
> Store::ABC. Wouldn't the config approach then be easier?
>
> The same is for the new Session plugins...

You don't have to do it at compile time like in the above example.

     use Catalyst;

     my @auth    = qw/Authentication
Authentication::Credential::Password Authentication::Store::Htpasswd/;
     my @session = qw/Session Session::State:Cookie
Session::Store::Memcached/;

     __PACKAGE__->setup( @session, @auth );

--