[Catalyst] Re: Announcement - New Authen/Authz plugins

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Nov 9 12:26:15 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 11:08:43 +0100, Uwe Voelker wrote:

> This makes seven plugins in use (or setup). Why can we just have
> ->setup(Authentication) and the rest is in the config?

Because they are truely separate plugins... See below

> Maybe in my test system I would like Store::XYZ and in produktion it is
> Store::ABC. Wouldn't the config approach then be easier?

If catalyst has the hooks to load plugins conditionally (And it
probably should) this should be done via those mechanisms, but the
problem is more general than the auth/ession plugins.

I've seen this come up with -Engine, -Debug, and other plugins too.

Perhaps

	use Catalyst::LessPlugins qw/
		Authentication
		Session
	/;

could do it for you by keeping a database of reasonable plugin
dependency.

Anyway, now that they are independant, what does it matter where you
name them - in the plugin list or in config? You could make the
condition happen at BEGIN time and it'll be functionally equiv to
specifying in config.

 /\  kung foo master: /me groks YAML like the grasshopper: neeyah!!!!!!