[Catalyst] OpenID authentication

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sun Nov 13 10:12:24 CET 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 23:02:14 -0800, Benjamin Trott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded to CPAN version 0.01 of
> Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::OpenID, which provides support for using
> OpenID auth in Catalyst apps. More about OpenID: <http://www.openid.net/>.

Please try to integrate it with the new authentication/authorization
stuff - i'm not sure whether OpenID is more of a backend-less-store
or a credential verifier, but i'd be very happy to debate this on
irc.perl.org's #catalyst or even here[1].

The new plugins decouple the aspects of
auth*:

	* storing user info

	* verifying user credentials

	* remembering the authenticated status of a user using sessions

	* allowing or denying access to parts of the application based on
	the authenticated user's authorizations

And it seems like the code you wrote could be slightly simplified,
and also standardized to fit with the other authentication plugins,
so that the authorization plugins can get along with it better.

Ciao!

1. Based on your example code I think the OpenID stuff is a credential
verifier that is supposed to interface with a store that knows about
OpenIDs.

 /\  kung foo master: /methinks long and hard, and runs away: neeyah!!!