[Catalyst] OpenID authentication

Benjamin Trott ben at sixapart.com
Sun Nov 13 10:19:57 CET 2005

OpenID is a credential verifier. It provides identity based on a URI, which
is first "claimed" by a user, then verified/asserted by the third-party
service that the URI points to using service auto-discovery.

So, that's all the plugin does--it's a very simple wrapper around
Net::OpenID::Consumer, which does all of the actual verification.

Could you point me at the new authentication/authorization stuff you're
referring to? And let me know what other ideas you have re: simplification.

Thanks,
Ben