[Catalyst] Camel!

David Storrs dstorrs at dstorrs.com
Sun Nov 13 23:27:12 CET 2005

On Nov 13, 2005, at 4:22 AM, Yuval Kogman wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 07:59:29 +0100, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
>> What do you think about this one?
>>
>>      http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13412
>
> The front legs vs the back legs make me think that this camel is not
> flying but somehow resting on a weird rock or possibly standing with
> the back legs inside a pit.
>
> For it to appear to be flying the front legs need to go forward
> instead, IMHO.

Re: legs pointing forward.  I thought the same at first glance but,
on further reflection, decided that this was correct.  When a real
camel folds its knees up, the shoulder joint rotates up so that the
femur points forward and the calf doubles under.  If our camel's
femur is pointing down, then this is correct.

I definitely agree that all four legs should be the same--either up
or down.

--Dks