[Catalyst] Catalyst::Model::CDBI::Sweet + Cache::FastMmap - does it work for you?

Roland Moriz roland at moriz.de
Mon Nov 14 03:25:16 CET 2005

Hello,

I've tried to use the mentioned combination but every time I
modify/update an sweet object I'm getting the following error:

'Caught exception "not a reference at
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/Cache/FastMmap.pm line 570"'

I have no idea why this happens. In my Sweet cdbi model I use the
following to enable caching as described in the pod:

__PACKAGE__->cache(
     Cache::FastMmap->new(
         share_file => '/tmp/cdbi',
         expire_time => 3600
     )
);

Without Sweet's caching everything works fine!

Maybe this is relevant: I use FastMmap also as caching backend for
Authentication::CDBI - but with a different share_file and with no
relationship to the failing object.

Someone maybe has a working setup or experience on this?

thank you in advance,

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
with best regards,

Roland Moriz