[Catalyst] How do you talk about Catalyst in 25 minutes?

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 11:41:09 CET 2005

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
>> While mst gave a good presentation, it didn't have the same Wow! factor
>> as Django, and to some extent the RoR one.
>
> For the wow! factor we need better examples, seamlessly installed and
> customized.  That was the point of my emails about Parametrize
> Examples and catalyst.pl using a config file, but my efforts did not
> meet friendly welcome.  I feel like the core developers here have some
> kind of trauma after supporting Maypole and now try to do everything
> the opposite way.

Please dont' interpret lack of response as unfriendly.

All the people here work on Catalyst either in their spare time, or
sporadically when they are at work if there is a good work justification
to get a feature fixed.

Lack of response means that people didn't unfortunately have time to
download and evaluate your example. You can sometimes help this by
'lowering the bar' : e.g. are you in a position to stick a running
example of what is produced by your scaffolding scripts on a publically
accessible website? If you did, I bet more people would try it.

Jules