[Catalyst] [Announce] Catalyst 5.58

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Nov 28 02:35:20 CET 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 05:12:55PM -0800, Joshua Keroes wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> >>catalyst.pl will be installed wherever your perl(1) is located.
> >
> >Is there a reason for that?  What if the user doesn't have permission
> >for that?
> >
> >Shouldn't it be in $PREFIX/bin?
>
> By default, catalyst.pl and any other files that make it into in
> script/*.pl  will be installed in the same location as perl(1). This
> is because Catalyst is installed using Module::Install.

I guess you want to make sure the same Perl runs your "binary" that
built the binary.  It caught me because I upgraded Catalyst and then
my catalyst.pl script wasn't working like I expected -- because I had
an old version in /usr/local/bin.

Still, seems odd to see the .packlist list all files installed to
/usr/local except catalyst.pl.  I normally reserve /usr/bin for my
distribution installed files and /usr/local for everything else.

> Long story short? It should do the right thing w.r.t. PREFIX. Test it
> if you want the definitive answer.

Yep, works as expected.

--
Bill Moseley