[Catalyst] [Task] http://catalyst.perl.org needs a frontpage!

Danijel Milicevic Danijel.Milicevic at rawmode.org
Mon Oct 10 15:14:08 CEST 2005

Hi Sebastian,

Am Montag, den 10.10.2005, 14:45 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Riedel:
> We already have some example designs made by nGmedia, but we are also
> open to new ideas.
>      http://catalyst.project.ngmedia.net/preview/
>      http://catalyst.project.ngmedia.net/preview/documentation/

I'd go with that design, it looks professional, is full compat to any
browser I can think off and only needs a more meaningful image for the
"splash" section.

> What information should we put on the first site? How should it look?
> Use this thread for brainstorming.

I'd prefer to see the following on the frontpage:

1) news ticker - announcements, links to catalyst-related announcements
(dbix, tt2, ..)

2) svn ticker - showing the latest revisions and (hopefully meaningful)
commit msgs

3) spotlight - a small section that shows a webapplication that was
built using Catalyst, would be a nice way to promote the users apps
(like that lovely list-reader)

4) featuring - another small section featuring one of Catalysts
capabilities and exemplary use of it.

5) status - since we're seperating engines from core for 5.5/refactored
branch, it would be good to enlist the engines we support and their
current version on the frontpage.

.. and so on.

All of those suggestions are small things that should go with a good
introduction article and maybe a nice graphic that visualizes the
control-flow and the MVC implementation of Catalyst.

Regards,
Danijel