[Catalyst] [Task] http://catalyst.perl.org needs a frontpage!

Danijel Milicevic Danijel.Milicevic at rawmode.org
Mon Oct 10 16:01:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Montag, den 10.10.2005, 15:53 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Riedel:
> Am 10.10.2005 um 15:14 schrieb Danijel Milicevic:
> > I'd go with that design, it looks professional, is full compat to any
> > browser I can think off and only needs a more meaningful image for the
> > "splash" section.
>
> What would be more meaningful?

Well, something that does not involve a bunch of apples would be a good
start? :p

On a more serious note: Why must it be a picture at all? I'm sure there
is someone out there willing to write a nice, short but catchy
testimonial for Catalyst. If properly styled it would be a nice
eyecatcher with some information/content, instead of meaningless apples.

> Should we really make our frontpage a Catalyst app?
> I'd prefer it to be static i guess, would improve our chances to
> survive a slashdot...

Well, certainly big parts of the site could be done as a Catalyst app (a
nice doc/pod reader, a wiki for the users and so on) and it wouldn't be
hard adding a LocationMatch or whatever to use the default-handler for
the frontpage and show a static piece of html that gets generated
regulary with a cronjob. The cronjob could still call a certain part of
that Catalyst app, make it render the informationa and template and
store it as a static file somewhere.

> > All of those suggestions are small things that should go with a good
> > introduction article and maybe a nice graphic that visualizes the
> > control-flow and the MVC implementation of Catalyst.
>
> Like the one we have in Trac?

Yes, just a updated version - maybe styled by our friends at nGmedia? :)

Danijel