[Catalyst] [Task] http://catalyst.perl.org needs a frontpage!

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Mon Oct 10 20:17:02 CEST 2005

Am 10.10.2005 um 19:42 schrieb Danijel Milicevic:

> Am Montag, den 10.10.2005, 13:17 -0400 schrieb Kenny Gatdula:
>
>> Hi,
>> I think it'd be really great if we setup a little blog using
>> movabletype, or something similiar to promote catalyst. I'd be
>> happy to
>> volunteer and help set that up.
>>

> Noooo! Not MT for the love of god! Agave to the rescue! Oh wait .. not
> released yet. Hmm .. well it will be soon enough, then we can use our
> own Catalyst-driven blog system. ;)

Well, the best thing about MT is that it just works.

Yes, it's not open, my personal experiences with sixapart were not
the best and the internals (like the callback based API)
are...arguable...

But for now it's the best choice, we can still switch later when
Agave surpasses MT,
I wouldn't want to use Agave until it at least supports xmlrpc.

> Like the blog idea though, but doesn't work with Sebastians desire
> for a
> static frontpage too well except we disable comments on all postings
> etc.

We can still have a static frontpage and a separate blog, at least as
a backup when we are slashdotted. =)

--
sebastian