[Catalyst] Session ID Strategies

Bernhard Graf catalyst at augensalat.de
Fri Oct 14 10:15:24 CEST 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 06:03, Sebastian Riedel wrote:

> Umm, have you tried "rewrite => 1"?
> It's supposed to automatically rewrite all uri's in your output with
> session id's and detect them on incoming requests.

The Catalyst session plugins on CPAN use URI::Find to detect links, thus
they will only find complete URIs with scheme ("http://") and domain
name. This is not very usefull, because typically only external links
have this format, but only internal links need a session id.

I'd suggest using HTML::Parser for link retrieval instead.

> But as i said before, i'd like to have new session plugins that can
> be used like this.

>      use Catalyst qw/Session::Store::FastMmap Session::State::URI
> Session::State::Cookie/;

That also came to my mind when I was writing a Catalyst session plugin
on top of Apache::Session::Counted, but since A::S::C requires session
ids in the URI and always stores on disk I didn't put effort on this.

--
Bernhard Graf