[Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst.

Michael Richards mdrichards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:04:24 CEST 2005

On 10/18/05, Marcus Ramberg <marcus at thefeed.no> wrote:

> He suggests that we should remove the CDBI model from the list, as he says
> we can'trecommend Class::DBI anymore. I still deploy new systems running
> Class::DBI, and thus opose that view.

There's a big difference between deploying something yourself and
recommending it to others. As long as we're not talking about removing CDBI
completely I don't see reason to skip mentioning it on the page, or at least
putting a disclaimer of sorts.

He also suggests we might recommend using the new commented out end action
> in trunk,. rather than using the DefaultEnd plugin. My view is that it hides
> unnecessary complexity, which in my view is a good thing for new users. What
> do you people think?

Sounds good to me. Less complexity for those first starting is good. The
harder stuff will come as needed.

I like all the new info presented. I think it will help some people a good
deal in getting started.

Regards,
Michael Richards