[Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst.

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Tue Oct 18 18:26:45 CEST 2005

Am 18.10.2005 um 17:42 schrieb Marcus Ramberg:
> And would like some feedback and suggestions for improvement. Two
> points for discussion from Sebastian>
>
> He suggests that we should remove the CDBI model from the list, as
> he says we can'trecommend Class::DBI anymore. I still deploy new
> systems running Class::DBI, and thus opose that view.

Then how do we explain new users why they're supposed to install 0.96
instead of 3.0.x.?

We should keep supporting CDBI as a model since it's still quite
popular, but we can't recommend it for production,
so it has no place on the welcome screen, which is meant to be a
quickstart guide listing some best practices.

> He also suggests we might recommend using the new commented out end
> action in trunk,. rather than using the DefaultEnd plugin. My view
> is that it hides unnecessary complexity, which in my view is a good
> thing for new users. What do you people think?

Wouldn't it better to teach new users how end actions and the view
forward works, instead of hiding the details?

--
sebastian