[Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst.

John Wang johncwang at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 22:21:25 CEST 2005

On 10/18/05, Andreas Marienborg <omega at palle.net> wrote:

> I have tested most browsers I can find on my mac now, and they all
> show up in sans-serif (as per the stylesheet) Is it internet explorer?

Could be a problem with one of my computers. It has Garamond as serif for
some reason. Looks fine on my other machine.

Someone said they didnt want any graphics, but that is of course not
> up to me in the end.

I'm running CentOS and they have a simple HTML welcome page that has a logo,
text and not much else, similar idea to the Apache page. I think the logo
adds a more professional feel but that's just me. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.dev411.com/catalyst/centos4.html

On 10/18/05, Andreas Marienborg <omega at palle.net> wrote:

> http://home.palle.net/~omega/welcome2.html
> new alternative, with some of your changes.

Looks good. I ran it through a grammar/spell check and added a link to
Catalyst::Manual.

http://www.dev411.com/catalyst/welcome2a.html

As for plugins handling everything from authentication to static files, it
would be nicer to say it handles everything from A to Z. There's the XMLRPC
plugin and Zeus engine but no Z plugin. Let's make one quick!

Thanks.