[Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst.

arnaud at underlands.org arnaud at underlands.org
Wed Oct 19 08:41:41 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 09:37:54AM -0700, John Wang wrote:
> 1) Is there a reason why HTML::Template is not recommended? There are a lot
> of H::T users out there that specifically choose it to avoid the
> complexities of some of the other solutions. I think H::T users can get a
> lot of benefit from Catalyst and don't see a reason to turn them off. Since
> H::T is less framework-like than some other solutions, Catalyst might even
> be able to attract a greater following from those users. There is a view
> class already so it's good to go.

Hey ! Good to see, I'm not the only one using HTML::Template ;-)
I second this point of view.

I understand that most people on the list want to promote TT, but just a note
adding H::T to the list would be fine...

And By the way :

<TROLL>
HTML::Template rules !!!
As it's the templating system which has the greatest separation between code
and presention, and it's also the one having the highest KISS factor...
</TROLL>

Sorry for the troll, but I have my coming out, I really like HTML::Template
;-)

Arnaud