[Catalyst] Confused by detach

Cory Watson jheephat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:20:06 CEST 2005

I'm having a hard time getting detach() to work the way I expect.  I
call it in my action, expecting it to act exactly like foward, but
not to return.

Instead I get:

Caught exception "catalyst_detach
  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Catalyst/Dispatcher.pm line 36

A quick look at that detach method shows that is a foward and then die
()ing.  I'm assuming that there is an eval wrapping this, and that
the die is expected.  I must be doing something wrong here, because
the Request block in the error output shows the properly rendered
result of the action I requested in my detach.

What am I doing wrong to cause the die() to generate this error?

Cory Watson
http://www.onemogin.com