[Catalyst] Confused by detach

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Thu Oct 20 19:58:49 CEST 2005

Am 20.10.2005 um 19:20 schrieb Cory Watson:

> I'm having a hard time getting detach() to work the way I expect.
> I call it in my action, expecting it to act exactly like foward,
> but not to return.
>
> Instead I get:
>
> Caught exception "catalyst_detach
>  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Catalyst/Dispatcher.pm line 36

The problem is "at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Catalyst/
Dispatcher.pm line 36", which is appended to the exception text.
We can only catch exceptions that eq $Catalyst::DETACH, wonder why
this happens.

All versions of Perl i tested didn't append file and line to
exceptions ending with a newline.

odyssey:~ sri$ perl -e 'die "catalyst_detach\n"'
catalyst_detach

--
sebastian